Pain and additional issues surrounding the pelvic floor can occur for a number of reasons. It can be limiting and, for some people, even a bit embarrassing. It can hinder your daily life and prevent you from doing some of your daily tasks or activities you love. While our Women’s Health Program primarily focuses on women, any woman or man living with pelvic problems can benefit from our services. Through our targeted programs, we can help reduce or eliminate the pain and symptoms you are experiencing. Contact Integrated Physical Therapy today to schedule your consultation!
How we treat:
At your initial appointment, you will undergo a thorough physical evaluation and review of medical history. This will help your physical therapist determine the best course of treatment for your needs. At CLINIC NAME, our services include:
- Education (patient handouts and thorough information concerning your condition to take home).
- Bladder training (surrounding your bladder schedule).
- Neuro retraining (incorporating pelvic floor muscle activation during simulated daily activities).
- Pelvic floor muscle retraining.
Who we treat:
While the name of our program indicates a strong focus on women, we actually treat any woman or man experiencing issues with their pelvic floor. Typical patients who would be strong candidates for our Women’s Health Program treatments include:
- Any woman or man dealing with urinary or fecal incontinence.
- Postpartum women.
- Postmenopausal women.
- Women with pelvic organ prolapse.
- Post-prostatectomy men.
Some of the most common conditions we treat are Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI) and Urge Urinary Incontinence.
Some common symptoms of SUI include:
- Leaking urine when coughing, sneezing, or laughing.
- Leaking urine during daily activities, such as bending, squatting, or exercising.
Some common symptoms of Urge Urinary Incontinence include:
- Urgency/rushing to the bathroom.
- Overactive bladder.
- Waking up multiple times per night to use the restroom.
Schedule your consultation:
If you have been experiencing pelvic issues, don’t hesitate to contact Integrated Physical Therapy today. We’ll help correct your pelvic floor problems so you can get back to living your life comfortably. Schedule your consultation today to get started on the first steps toward relief!