Health Blog Category: Physical Therapists
My name is Elissa Martin (pronounced like Melissa but without the M). I have been a Physical Therapist
since 2017. I graduated from Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, TX with my Doctor of Physical
Therapy degree. Since graduating, I have worked in a multitude of different fields. I was a home health
therapist for 2.5 years working with geriatrics, Parkinson’s, cardiopulmonary diseases, wound care, and
I was an outpatient and in-patient therapist for Texas Back Institute treating a multitude of patients diagnosed with spondylosis, degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, and post spinal surgeries.Read full blog
- Undergraduate: B.S. in Athletic Training at Texas Christian University
- Physical Therapy: Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Career: Has worked in multiple settings including:
- Acute hospital patients with complex medical issues
- Inpatient acute rehab for intensive rehabilitation
- Home health PT, and outpatient PT with an emphasis on pelvic floor issues and orthopedic issues.
I have been a physical therapist for over 30 years, practicing Craniosacral Therapy in a variety of settings. I have been certified at the Techniques level and am currently working on Diplomate certification to better reflect my skill level. I am privileged to work as a Certified Teaching Assistant and as a study group leader for a sanctioned craniosacral study group for the Upledger Institute.
With the addition of licensure as a massage therapist my ability to meet and treat people expanded!Read full blog
Stephanie has over 20 years of experience in a variety of outpatient orthopedic settings. She enjoys using Pilates based movement to reduce pain, enhance strength and improve functional motility.
- BSPT: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Undergrad studies: Health Care Administration, California State University/Long Beach
Extensive experience in outpatient orthopedics and women’s health
- Pilates rehabilitation certification from Polestar Education
- licensed Pilates for Buff Bones© instructor.